Nature Education Volunteer
The goal of the Nature Education Volunteer Training Programme is to equip people who want to make a contribution to society through environmental education. The training comproses a series of experiential activities, nature walk and mindfulness exercises developed by Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG). In this training programme, participants will gain environmental knowledge, and interpretation and facilitation skills. In addition, they will have the opportunity to undertake a wide range of mindfulness exercises to increase their own well-being and that of the community from a holistic perspective.
The content of Nature Education Volunteer Training Course includes introductions and discussion of:
- History, Vision, Mission and Values of KFBG
- Introduction to KFBG Education Programme
- Nature and Ecology Education Workshop and Field Study (Fauna & Flora Conservation)
- Mindfulness Practices
- Environmental Interpretation and Facilitation Skills
- Art Workshops
- Food Ecology & Organic Farming
- Seminars & Continuous Trainings
Participants will have the opportunity to undertake a wide range of field work at KFBG and will gain environmental knowledge, practical and education skills.
- Anyone aged 18 or above (retired citizens are welcome)
- Nature lovers
- Willing to commit as a volunteer for education programmes
- Able to work in an outdoor environment
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Able to speak fluent Cantonese & basic English
- Able to attend all four full-day trainings are preferred
Due to limited parking space, volunteers are recommended to take public transportation to KFBG.
How to apply
Nature Education Volunteer Training Course 2016 was ended, please sign up for "Friends of KFBG" and obtain the latest news of upcoming Nature Education Volunteer Training Course.
You may contact email@example.com for further questions or information.