About the exhibition
Zheng’s original work was first presented at Thailand Biennale Krabi in 2018. Upon learning that the local Orchid Grower Community Enterprise has been cultivating orchids and putting them back into nature to replace those stolen ones, Zheng was inspired to create botanical slogans by growing native orchid species of Thailand.
This evolving exhibition in Hong Kong will take place at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden. Here the artist works with the resident ecologist, growing the installation from a selection of over 130 local orchid species. Zheng’s botanical sketch collection will also be on display at the Art House.
- Guided Tour (Free Admission)
- Online Video: Artist Talk with resident ecologist Dr. Stephan Gale and writer Human Ip
Visit the official website of Jockey Club New Arts Power for more information:
Life is hard. Why do we make it so easy? By Zheng Bo
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Beijing-born artist Zheng Bo is now a resident on Landau Island and teaches at the School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong. Committed to multispecies vibrancy, he revisits the past and envisages the future through the eyes of the marginalised communities and plants. He creates weedy gardens, living slogans, and eco-queer films.
Exhibition Period：Saturday, 2021.1.30 - Sunday, 2021.3.14
Time：0930 - 1630
Venue：Walter Kerr Gardens and Art House, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden
Enquiry：Ms. Lau, Education Dept / 2483 7276 / email@example.com
- Valid KFBG admission ticket is required.
- Admission fees shall be waived for registered participants of JCNAP guided tours. Details to be announced soon.
- In light of the latest COVID-19 situation, the exhibition date is subject to change. Please stay tuned for the latest updates on our website before visiting.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes.