Join and Support
Assistant Chef (KFBG Green Hub and Eat Well Cafe)
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
The Eat Well Canteen at the Green Hub (Old Tai Po Police Station) is a plant-based restaurant that exists to reconnect soil, soul and society. We strive to create a menu and environment that supports health and sustainability for both our community and the planet. We have extended our service to the Eat Well Café at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden, and we are seeking people who share, and are willing to further the low-carbon mission.
- Follow guidance of the Executive Chef and chef in preparation and production of vegetarian food items in low carbon ways
- Responsible for daily operation of the Eat Well Café, a food kiosk at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden on food preparation, front line sales, housekeeping, and handling of customer enquiry.
- Ensure overall cleanliness and hygiene standards of the food kiosk
- Provide catering services occasionally
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in catering service.
- Experience in vegetarian cooking, processing of organic food product and low carbon cookery is an advantage
- Mature, flexible, proactive.
- Good communication skills, able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Good command of Cantonese (knowledge of English and/or Putonghua will be an advantage);
- Passion for nature and sustainable living
- 5-day-week but essential to work on Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays. Compensation days will be provided on weekdays.
- Possession of a valid Class 2 driving license is an advantage.
- Comply to Government’s requirements for disease prevention that are applicable to catering sector.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of KFBGC
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths
Interested parties should send a CV to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please specify the application for Assistant Chef.