Vegetarian Chef / Assistant Chef
Sustainable Living Department
The Eat Well Cafe at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden is a plant-based food kiosk that exists to reconnect soil, soul and society. We strive to create a menu and environment that supports health and sustainability for both our community and the planet. We will extend our service to the Food Hub, a restaurant at Kadoorie Centre, in this summer. We are looking for a Vegetarian Chef /Assistant Chef who share, and are willing to join us to further the low-carbon mission.
- Follow guidance of the Chef in preparation and production of vegetarian food items in low carbon ways.
- Responsible for daily operation of the Eat Well Café on food preparation, front line sales, housekeeping, catering service and handling of customer enquiry. There is a need to work at the Food Hub, a vegetarian restaurant at Kadoorie Centre, on shifting basis.
- Ensure overall cleanliness, environmental and hygiene standards of the food premises.
- Support educational programme at the conducted at the food premises.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in catering service.
- Experience in vegetarian cooking, processing of organic food product and low carbon cookery is an advantage.
- Mature, flexible, proactive.
- Good communication skills, able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Good command of Cantonese (knowledge of English and/or Putonghua will be an advantage);
- Passion for nature and sustainable living
- 5-day-week but essential to work on Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays. Compensation days will be provided on weekdays.
- Possession of a valid Class 2 driving license is an advantage.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of KFBGC
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths
Interested parties, please send your CV with current / last salary, expected salary and availability , together with a short essay of what motivate you to apply for this position to the People & Culture Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or via email at email@example.com
(please specify the application for Chef/Assistant Chef.)