(Assistant) Conservation Officer
Kadoorie Conservation China Department
To support Kadoorie Conservation China Department’s biodiversity conservation projects in Greater Bay Area (including Hong Kong) and other parts of mainland China, and elsewhere, including project conceptualization, implementation, monitoring and reporting. To coordinate fieldworks, and conduct subsequent analysis using traditional and molecular methods. To provide training and advice to project partners and other stakeholders. To communicate findings in form of reports, presentations, and scientific articles to enhance the conservation of target species/ecosystems. To support awareness-raising and sustainability programmes/activities related to the conservation projects.
- Degree holder in or related to Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Zoology, Botany, Conservation Biology, and/or Forest Conservation.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in field survey, molecular work, biodiversity conservation project or protected area management is preferred.
- Familiar with the fauna and flora of the Indo-Burma region would be an advantage.
- Proficient in written and/or spoken Putonghua, English, Cantonese, and computer literacy.
- Knowledge in photography, GIS and multimedia production would be an advantage.
- Good team player with strong people skills.
- Appreciates and enjoys working with a wide range of people.
- Able to work independently as well as in team work.
- Fit and willing to do physical fieldwork in remote mainland China and elsewhere.
- Multi-tasking ability is essential.
- Frequent travel to mainland China and elsewhere is required.
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (describing relevant work experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to email@example.com.