Assistant Operations Officer
General Administration Department
The Assistant Operations Officer performs the responsible supervisory and professional administrative work in coordinating unit activities. The individual must have good administrative ability and supervisory experience. The work requires behavioral and conceptual skills, ability to motivate others, and role clarity. Adaptable, flexible and creative, exercising good judgment in problem solving and unusual occurrences. This is a great job for someone likes to organize, manage small teams and work with like-minded colleagues in a beautiful natural environment.
The position reports to the Operations Officer.
- To provide logistic support and solutions to internal and external clients;
- To assist in discovering, developing and implementing internal customer support initiatives to meet internal customers’ expectation;
- To handle and investigate customer queries and complaints;
- Assist to supervisor GAD attendants and canteen staff to carry out their day-to-day duties;
- To handle shop sales in the absence of the Shop Keeper;
- Assist to manage the performance, supervise and set up duty roster for gatekeepers, cleaners, canteen staff, and maintain the daily operation in good order;
- To maintain rules and procedures for the various workgroups in the Section and monitor their compliance;
- To assist in managing car parks, maintenance of vehicles and ensure compliance to driving regulations within the organization;
- To assist in drafting, updating and implementing the KFBG’s administrative policies, guidelines and regulations;
- Procurement of general office supplies, consumables, equipment and arrange for their allocation and stock keeping;
- To assist in monitoring the tendering process;
- To assist in the coordination of Farm events and organize various internal functions;
- To ensure reasonable compliance of the government OH&S regulations in the Department;
- Assist to arrange training for Farm’s staff re OH&S matters with HR support;
- Assist to ensure firefighting equipment, anti-epidermic materials and first aid supplies are adequately maintained within the organization.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBG;
- Some degree or diploma in Business Administration or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A team player and be able to work under pressure;
- Good command of English and Cantonese (written and spoken);
- 5-day-week but needs to work occasionally (via a roster) on Sunday, Public / Labor Holidays and on Saturdays. Compensation days will be provided on weekdays.
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (outlining your motivation to work for KFBG) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to email@example.com.