(Assistant) Project Officer
Kadoorie Conservation China Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) is a nature conservation and education center that spreads over 148 hectares of land on the northern slopes of Tai Mo Shan. It lies in a valley, with a stream running down through the diverse (sub)tropical forest. You can find theme gardens, greenhouses, vegetable and fruit terraces, walking trails and public education displays of plants and animals, whilst the largest part of the estate is managed as a nature reserve.
KFBG adheres to a holistic approach, balancing agricultural and livestock production with restoring and conserving nature. KFBG’s hillside is a demonstration site that showcases how this balance can be achieved by embedding inspirational Botanic Garden and native animal displays for visitors and sustainable agricultural plots in a natural landscape. The recultivation of KFBG’s nature reserve is experimental as well as scientific, and sharing lessons learned with society at large.
We invite you to be part of this unique institution, as we are looking for a Project Officer for our awareness raising campaign, who is good at communication, has a heart for nature, and wants to make a difference in this world.
Kadoorie Conservation China Department (KCC) aims to conserve threatened species and ecosystems in China including Hong Kong, as well as neighbouring countries. The team of experts is currently conducting otter survey and biodiversity assessment throughout rural Hong Kong, identifying priority conservation sites and raising public awareness of undervalued species and ecosystems. As part of the team, the (Assistant) Project Officer will be responsible to disseminate conservation messages, design and implement outreach activities, and take part in our exciting conservation projects. He/She will be required to work at KCC’s projects sites in rural China and elsewhere, and to work in the field when appropriate.
- To contribute to KCC projects in China including Hong Kong, and elsewhere;
- To coordinate and implement projects/activities to spread messages on biodiversity conservation and/or sustainability;
- To document and publicize our projects in diverse channels and various formats, e.g. text, video and photo in various social media platforms, for awareness raising and public relations;
- To design and produce printed materials and social media posts related to our work;
- Any other duties as requested by the supervising staff to support effective operation of the department.
NOTE: Frequent travel to Mainland China and elsewhere may be required once travel restrictions are lifted.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBG;
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Biological/Environmental Sciences, Geography, Education, Public relations, Social Science, Journalism, or any discipline related to conservation;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Proficient in written Chinese and English, and fluent in Putonghua and English;
- Good team player with strong people skills;
- Appreciates and enjoys working outdoor and with a wide range of people;
- Good understanding in Chinese cultures and trends, and conservation policies of Mainland China and Hong Kong would be an advantage;
- Experience on event management and/or education work related to biodiversity conservation would be an advantage;
- Experience in managing social media would be an advantage;
- Knowledge on photography, graphic design and video-visual editing software would be an advantage;
- Candidate with less experience will be considered for the Assistant Project Officer position.
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (outlining your motivation to work for KFBG) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.