Assistant Sustainable Agriculture Officer
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
- Supervise field workers of Fruit and Vegetable Section to maintain smooth operation in compliance with the principles of sustainable agriculture and KFBG’s mission
- Oversees daily operation of sustainable food-system models at KFBG as a resource to support promotion of sustainable food system.
- Progressively enhance farming terraces at KFBG to advance their functions for promoting sustainable living and agriculture.
- Initiate, coordinate and undertake research to develop replicable models at the Farm and in outreach for sustainable food production and community-based sustainable living in Hong Kong
- Develop resource and re-skilling programmes for farmers and public to promote sustainable agriculture and local food production.
- Coordinate farmers market and other collaborative models to bridge farmers and consumers for mutual support in enhancing the sustainability of food system in Hong Kong
- Working with officers of SLA as a team to organize reskilling programmes, develop community resource and facilities to facilitate community transition to sustainable living in Hong Kong.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC.
- Holding a degree in agriculture, horticulture, natural science or a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of working experience in sustainable agriculture or permaculture farm/ garden field.
- Fruit Tree Knowledge and experience in field staff supervision are preferred.
- Strong communication and organization skills, and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Good command of English and Cantonese, Mandarin is preferred and computer literacy.
- Physically fit for outdoor farming works and activities.
- Able to work in weekends and public holidays occasionally.
- Valid Type II driving license is preferred.
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V. (with expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.