Chef and Assistant Chef
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
KFBG Green Hub and Sun Garden Cafe
The Eat Well Café at the Green Hub (Old Tai Po Police Station) is a plant-based restaurant that exists to reconnect soil, soul and society. We strive to create a menu and environment that supports health and sustainability for both our community and the planet. We will extend our service to the Sun Garden Café at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden in fall 2022, and we are seeking people who share, and are willing to further the low-carbon mission.
- Follow guidance of the Executive Chef and chef in preparation and production of vegetarian food items in low carbon ways
- Responsible for daily operation of the Sun Garden Café, a food kiosk at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden on food preparation, front line sales, housekeeping, and handling of customer enquiry.
- Ensure overall cleanliness and hygiene standards of the food kiosk
- Provide catering services occasionally
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience; candidate with rich experience in vegetarian kitchen operation will be considered as chef.
- Experience in vegetarian cooking, processing of organic food product and low carbon cookery is an advantage
- Mature, flexible, proactive.
- Good communication skills, able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Good command of Cantonese (knowledge of English and/or Putonghua will be an advantage);
- Passion for nature and sustainable living
- 5-day-week but essential to work on Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays. Compensation days will be provided on weekdays.
- Possession of a valid Class 2 driving license is an advantage.
- Meet the COVID-19 vaccination requirements of Vaccine Pass Direction of catering business
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of KFBGC
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths