Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) is a nature conservation and education centre that spreads over 148 hectares of land on the northern slopes of Tai Mo Shan, Hong Kong's highest mountain. It lies in a valley, with a stream running down through the diverse (sub)tropical forest. You can find theme gardens, greenhouses, vegetable, and fruit terraces, walking trails, and public education displays of plants and animals, whilst the largest part of the estate is managed as a nature reserve.
KFBG adheres to a holistic approach, balancing agricultural and livestock production with restoring and conserving nature. KFBG’s hillside is a demonstration site that showcases how this balance can be achieved by embedding inspirational Botanic Garden and native animal displays for visitors and sustainable agricultural plots in a natural landscape.
Our team consists of educators, ecologists, botanists, zoologists, conservation officers, spatial analysts, veterinarians, geneticists, arborists, horticulturists, gardeners, animal keepers, and farmers, as well as communication, education and marketing specialists. We collaborate with external organisations on ecological partnerships and join hand in hand with the general public to harmonise our relationship with the environment. For more information, see www.kfbg.org
We invite you to be part of this unique institution, as we are looking for a Communications Officer, with experience in social media marketing and preferably experience in fundraising, who wants to make a difference together in this world.
The job holder is responsible for further optimizing KFBG’s marketing, communication and public relations for KFBG as well as managing fundraising campaigns for the organisation.
The position reports directly to the Head of the Partnerships Department.
- Oversee marketing campaigns using simultaneous online and offline channels to promote major events;
- Lead in-house and outsourced content creation teams to craft public relations initiatives and collaterals for fundraising campaigns, ensuring all projects were delivered on time and within budget;
- Initiate, conceptualize and implement celebrity/influencer marketing for the organization and successfully drive exposure on impactful influencers’ channels to organically promote KFBG’s nature conservation programmes and fundraising campaigns, encourage visits and donations, which brought numerous unsolicited influencer visits and media requests;
- Establish close relations with renowned media platforms media and successfully drive exposure by coordinating media relations activities including press releases, interviews and media enquiries;
- Manage and co-ordinate the production of the publications e.g., annual report, newsletter;
- Collaborates with digital specialist to manage the organisation’s website and social media channels. Identify opportunities to enhance the organisation’s brand image via both online and offline platforms;
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and customer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for Partnerships Department;
- Other duties as requested by the Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Creative Media, Communication, Marketing or a related discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant working experience in fundraising, marketing, PR, copy-writing or publication;
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, proactive, pleasant, responsible and mindful to details;
- Strong team player with excellent organisational, multitasking and time management skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Chinese Word Processing;
- Physically fit for outdoor work and willing to work on a roster including some weekends and public holidays (compensation days will be provided);
- Experience in the NGO sector is preferable, especially in conservation;
- Familiarity on software skills such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign would be an advantage;
- A valid driving license is preferable.
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (describing relevant work experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 8 July 2022.