Holistic Education Department
To develop and implement experiential-based programmes to enrich visitors' learning experience at KFBG by integrating elements of Head, Hands and Heart into all possible programmes, and to liaise with KFBG conservation/ education officers/ KFBG volunteers and external partners to diversify the education programmes.
This is an Education Officer role. The incumbent will report to Head of Education Department.
- To develop and conduct various experiential education projects for corporate, general public and school, such as habitat restoration programme, soil and plant related school programme, children nature camp and guided tours in support of the KFBG Mission;
- Assisting other educational programme, such as Kadoorie Earth Programme;
- To develop, review and monitor the quality of environmental education programmes and facilities;
- Integrate elements of Head, Hands and Heart into all possible programmes;
- Ensure that a group of appropriate volunteers are recruited, trained, and motivated, lead and retained;
- To design, develop and produce educational resources, books and multi-media materials;
- To develop and maintain professional educational displays;
- To assist Head of the Education Department on general administrative matters;
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of KFBG;
- Solid skills in time management, coordination, communication, effective problem solving, organising, MS Office proficiency, attention to detail;
- Knowledge in soil or organic farming is an advantage;
- Good command of Cantonese and English. Knowledge of Putonghua will be an advantage, although not essential;
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant educational field such as biology, geography will be an advantage;
- At least 3 years of solid working experience in Experiential Nature Education or Holistic Education is preferred;
- Proven skills in facilitation, design, and implementation of school and public programme
- Self-motivated, dynamic, and a good team player;
- Passion for nature;
- Physically fit for mild outdoor group activities;
- Able to work residentially occasionally, including on weekends and public holidays;
- Valid Type I or II driving license is preferred.
Interested parties, please send your CV with current / last salary, expected salary and availability together with short essay/ cover letter about what motivate you to apply for this position to the People & Culture Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or via email at email@example.com