Regenerative Agriculture Department
This is a role that assists in chicken breed conservation, egg production and litter bedding operation. The incumbent will be reported to “Sustainable Living Officer”.
Daily operation at chicken house
- Feeding, cleaning, egg collection and monitoring of chicken house.
- Monitor and report the health status of the chicken to the supervisor.
- Record keeping.
- Assist in preparation, labeling and delivery of eggs.
- Following the vaccination program for chicken.
- Chicken culling.
- Food production for chicken.
- Acts as replacement for any workers on day-off.
- Assist in any other work assigned by the officer or manager of the Department for the realization of the Department’s objectives or the Farm’s mission.
- Monitors, reports and do minor repairs in chicken section (i.e. leaking water hose, nest pads, nest box, perches).
- Leaf litter collection.
- Able to read and record production information in Chinese.
- Familiar with biosecurity measures of avian disease prevention in Hong Kong.
- Valid driving license (Type 2) is preferred.
- Experience in poultry keeping is preferred.
- Physically fit for outdoor work, transport of animal feed and litter, and other general livestock operation.
- Able to work independently, as well as acting as a good team player.
- A good communicator.
- Require to work on shift-duty and has to report duty regularly on Sunday and public holiday.
- Love nature and respect animal welfare.
Interested parties, please send your CV with current / last salary, expected salary and availability to the People & Culture Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or via email at email@example.com