Head of Partnerships Department
The Head of Department (HoD) of Partnerships is a champion for the Farm. As the outward-facing senior management of KFBG, the incumbent will raise awareness, build relationships, and inspire trust for potential fundraising opportunities. The HoD is a fundraising and marketing communication expert, with strong branding background based on market research, customer relationship building, project execution, and a deep passion for nature conservation. The HoD has exceptional relationship skills and collaborates well with all levels of the organisation.
The HoD of Partnerships reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the Management Team.
Strategy communication and marketing
- Shape and guide the strategy on KFBG’s communication and branding on conservation and how this relates to fundraising and outreach;
- Oversee marketing communications for KFBG including public relations, advertising, website, e-communications, and social media;
- Develop a clear and vivid brand image for KFBG, and monitor brand image compliance across all communications;
- Oversee market research for brand and visitor experience perception.
- Direct fundraising programmes targeting High Net-worth Individuals and Foundations to support KFBG’s mission and programmes;
- Identify and apply for Government and Community grants or subventions to support ongoing and new projects and programmes;
- Solicit sponsorships and donations from the business community for projects and programmes;
- Plan, execute, and manage a Monthly Donation and Membership Programme targeting individual donors;
- Plan and execute fundraising events to increase brand awareness and raise unrestricted funds;
- Plan and execute major, long-term thematic fundraising campaigns;
- Help to establish and maintain, and work with, a Fundraising Committee;
- In coordination with other departments, identify, recommend and assist in increasing alternate revenue streams and improving visitor experience.
- As an important member of the Management Team, the HoD co-creates the future of KFBG, working closely with and across the conservation departments: Fauna, Flora, Kadoorie Conservation China, Education and Sustainable Living Agriculture and with the Executive Director
- Oversee departmental staff and administration
- Any other tasks as assigned by Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields
- 15 years’ marketing or fundraising experience in a sizable organization. Experience in a non-government agency is preferable.
- Excellent language and communications skills in English and ideally Cantonese
- Excellent people and relational skills.
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
- Physically fit for outdoor work and willing to work on a roster including some weekends and public holidays (compensation days will be provided).
- A valid driving license is preferable
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (describing relevant work experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 1 June 2022.