Information Technology Manager
The IT Manager reports to the Head of the Facilities Department and with IT colleagues, the manager will develop and implement the IT and communication strategies of KFBG to provide efficient and cost-effective support with secure and stable network infrastructure and client-server working environment, assured and adaptive systems for the visions and development of KFBG. We are looking for someone with sufficient (but not necessarily many years) experience to manage KFBG’s IT services, has the ambition to further grown and develop in the role, and will be motivated to work for a nature conservation organisation.
Develop and manage IT Infrastructure
1. Review, update and further develop the IT strategies for the KFBG to ensure all servers, application systems, data and back up, cyber security and all components of the network are working smoothly with most advance and reliable technology.
2. Review existing IT and communication systems for solutions to enhance the service ready for the future development of the KFBG.
3. Ensure the system is robust and reliable while can be adaptative to changes.
4. In considering new systems or changes to existing systems, ensures that program specifications are maintained in an up-to-date state and that departmental standards are adhered to.
Manage the IT budget
5. Consolidate, propose, and prepare annual IT budget and manage effectively within the IT budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
6. Review the current contracts to ensure most cost effective modes of procurement.
Enhance user experience with IT Service
7. Provide support and solution for IT related problems for excellent customer experience.
8. Develop and maintain policies to facilitate smooth and uninterrupted IT service to meet user departments’ operation needs.
Manage service providers
9. Prepare, negotiate, confirm, recommend, and renew the maintenance support or contractual issues with all IT suppliers and contractors for cost effective and excellent service.
Lead the IT team
10. Develop and maintain a supportive and cooperative IT team targeting for excellent quality service.
11. Develop and implement IT-related training programs to expand the capacity of all staff.
The candidate may occasionally be asked to perform additional tasks according to the needs of the KFBG and formulated by Head of the Facilities Department.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBG
- Mature, self-motivated and be able to work under pressure
- Aspiration to further develop and expand with new responsibilities
- Innovative and proactive to adopt new technology aggressively with care.
- Good academic training in information technology or computer science or related fields at degree or above level
- Ideally 10 years of working experience in information technology related field with not less than 3 years in managerial position
- Hands on experience in provide support to IT system including user end PC and Server Network
- Knowledge about hardware/software and expertise in using MS Office software, network systems, servers and cybersecurity
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- A good team player with strong leadership abilities
- Commitment to training and developing younger staff and officers
- Open minded and recognizes the validity of all spiritual paths
- Good communicate skill in both written and speaking English and Cantonese
- Committed to company procedures and systems while maintain a flexible mind to propose innovative solutions
Interested parties, please send C.V. with expected salary and a letter outlining your motivation to work for KFBG to HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, N.T. or e-mail to email@example.com.