Information Technology Officer
The Information Technology Officer reports to the Information Technology Manager of the Facilities Department and will be responsible to help develop the IT and communication strategies for the Farm to provide efficient and cost-effective support to KFBG and Green Hub with secure and stable network infrastructure and client-server working environment, and help users to solve their IT-related problems for achievement of the visions and development of KFBG. Major duties include the followings:
Manage IT Infrastructure
- Assist to manage the IT strategies for the KFBG to ensure all servers, application systems, data and back up, cyber security and all components of the network are working smoothly with most advance and reliable technology.
- Monitor the existing IT and communication systems for solutions to enhance the service ready for the future development of the KFBG
- Make sure to support the system for robustness and reliability
Enhance user experience with IT Service
- Provide support and solution for IT related problems for excellent customer experience
- Help to develop, execute and maintain policies to facilitate smooth and uninterrupted IT service to meet user departments’ operation needs
- Execute daily system administration work to ensure that the backup and all components of the network are working properly;
- Solve all IT-related (hardware, software, usage) problems for all end users;
- Assist in project planning and management for improving the IT infrastructure;
- Assist in purchase of IT equipment and accessories;
Manage service providers
- Prepare, negotiate, confirm, recommend, and renew the maintenance support or contractual issues with all IT suppliers and contractors for cost effective and excellent service
- Contribute to and maintain together with other team members for a supportive and cooperative IT team targeting for excellent quality service
Moreover, the incumbent may be asked to perform an additional task according to the needs of the KFBG and formulated by Head of the Facilities Department.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Mature, self-motivated and be able to work under pressure;
- Open minded and recognizes the validity of all spiritual paths.
- Degree in Information Technology, computer science or related fields;
- At least Two (2) years of working experience in IT support including network infrastructure, user applications, development and related fields;
- A good team player with strong sense of collaboration.
- Good communicate and interpersonal skill in both written and speaking English and Cantonese; Proficiency in Putonghua would be and added advantage;
Interested parties, please send C.V. with expected salary and a letter outlining your motivation to work for KFBG to HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, N.T. or e-mail to email@example.com.