Manager, Regenerative Agriculture
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
The job holder will lead a team of seven sustainable agriculture officers at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden, offers specialized support in collaboration building and implement initiatives in scaling regenerative research on the ground. He/she will also engage specialists and partners with common areas of interest to translate the on-the-ground practices to learnings in order to shape and mainstream sustainable practices for food production and landscape management. He/She reports to the Head of Sustainable Living and Agriculture.
- Lead discussion amongst a team of agriculture officers and experienced farmers to identify and implement pilot research projects for regenerative agriculture;
- Supervise pilot project implementation to ensure delivery of relevant and meaningful feedback to inform advancement of field practices;
- Translate learnings from field research to knowledge that can be cross-pollinated across other pilot projects and shared within relevant sectors through publication, workshops and other appropriate means;
- Capturing and translating science-based learnings into meaningful improvements. Assist the delivery of an organization-wide integrated approach to regenerative agriculture and holistic estate management;
- Manage project fund application, implementation, evaluation and reporting matters;
- Conduct research projects and public findings, deliver training, workshops, conference and other activities to promote good practices and mainstream regenerative agriculture for sustainable food production and landscape management.
- A university degree in the field of agriculture, soil science, agronomy, holistic science or related disciplines;
- Solid science research skills and at least five years practical experience on farm level;
- Proven ability in knowledge translation and transfer of sustainable agricultural practices;
- Experience in engagement of agricultural professionals and farmers;
- Strong communication skills and good command of Proficiency in Cantonese or Putonghua is preferred;
- Experience in working with multicultural teams and have an understanding of Chinese;
- Have a good understanding of the sustainability issues and food system in Hong Kong is an asset;
- Inspiring, can-do attitude, able to lead, develop, build team and coach;
- Physically fit for frequent outdoor;
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (describing relevant work experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 30 August 2022.