Manager, Regenerative Agriculture
Sustainable Living and Agriculture Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) spreads over 148 hectares of land on the northern slopes of Tai Mo Shan, Hong Kong's highest mountain, near the town of Tai Po. The Farm was established as an experimental farm in 1956 to provide agricultural aid to farmers in need of support to help them lead independent lives.
Today you can find theme gardens, greenhouses, vegetable and fruit terraces, apiary, walking trails and public education displays of plants and animals, whilst the largest part of the estate is managed as a nature reserve. KFBG adheres to a holistic approach, balancing agricultural and livestock production with restoring and conserving nature. Our hillside is a demonstration site that showcases how this balance can be achieved by embedding inspirational Botanic Garden and native animal displays for visitors and sustainable agricultural plots in a natural landscape. The recultivation of KFBG’s nature reserve is experimental as well as scientific, and sharing lessons learned with society at large.
For more information, see www.kfbg.org
We invite you to be part of this unique institution, as we are looking for a Manager, Regenerative Agriculture, who wants to make a difference with us in this world.
The job holder will lead a team of seven sustainable agriculture officers at Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden, offers specialized support in collaboration building and implement initiatives in scaling regenerative research on the ground. He/she will also engage specialists and partners with common areas of interest to translate the on-the-ground practices to learnings in order to shape and mainstream sustainable practices for food production and landscape management. He/She reports to the Head of Sustainable Living and Agriculture.
- Lead discussion amongst a team of agriculture officers and experienced farmers to identify and implement pilot research projects for regenerative agriculture;
- Supervise pilot project implementation to ensure delivery of relevant and meaningful feedback to inform advancement of field practices;
- Translate learnings from field research to knowledge that can be cross-pollinated across other pilot projects and shared within relevant sectors through publication, workshops and other appropriate means;
- Capturing and translating science-based learnings into meaningful improvements. Assist the delivery of an organization-wide integrated approach to regenerative agriculture and holistic estate management;
- Manage project fund application, implementation, evaluation and reporting matters;
- Conduct research projects and public findings, deliver training, workshops, conference and other activities to promote good practices and mainstream regenerative agriculture for sustainable food production and landscape management.
- A university degree in the field of agriculture, soil science, agronomy, holistic science or related disciplines;
- Solid science research skills and at least five years practical experience on farm level;
- Proven ability in knowledge translation and transfer of sustainable agricultural practices;
- Experience in engagement of agricultural professionals and farmers;
- Strong communication skills and good command of Proficiency in Cantonese or Putonghua is preferred;
- Experience in working with multicultural teams and have an understanding of Chinese;
- Have a good understanding of the sustainability issues and food system in Hong Kong is an asset;
- Inspiring, can-do attitude, able to lead, develop, build team and coach;
- Physically fit for frequent outdoor;
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (describing relevant work experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: 15 July 2022.