General Administration Department
The Operations Officer performs the responsible supervisory and professional administrative work in directing and coordinating all unit activity. The individual must have advanced administrative ability and supervisory experience. The work requires behavioral and conceptual skills, ability to motivate others, and role clarity. Adaptable, flexible and creative, exercising good judgment in problem solving and unusual occurrences. This is a great job for someone likes to organize, manage small teams and work with like-minded colleagues in a beautiful natural environment.
The position reports directly to the Head of General Administration Department.
- To provide logistic support and solutions to internal and external clients;
- To discover, develop and implement internal customer support initiatives to meet internal customers’ expectation;
- To handle and investigate customer queries and complaints;
- To supervisor GAD attendants and canteen staff to carry out their day-to-day duties;
- To handle shop sale in the absence of the Shop Keeper;
- To manage the performance, supervise and set up duty roster for gatekeepers, cleaners, canteen staff, and maintain the daily operation in good order;
- To maintain rules and procedures for the various workgroups in the Section and monitor their compliance;
- To manage car parks, maintenance of vehicles and ensure compliance to driving regulations within the organization;
- To assist in drafting, updating and implementing the KFBG’s administrative policies, guidelines and regulations;
- To supervise the procurement of general office supplies, consumables, equipment and arrange for their allocation and stock keeping;
- To assist in monitoring the tendering process;
- To coordinate Farm events and organize various internal functions;
- To ensure reasonable compliance of the government OH&S regulations in the Department;
- To arrange for necessary training for Farm’s staff re OH&S matters with HR support;
- To ensure firefighting equipment, anti-epidermic materials and first aid supplies are adequately maintained within the organization.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBG;
- Degree in Business Administration or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience;
- Mature and strong self-initiative;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A team player with good leadership skills and be able to work under pressure;
- Good documentation / report writing skills;
- Good command of English and Cantonese (written and spoken);
- 5-day-week but needs to work on Saturday and occasionally required to perform Public / Labor Holidays duties.
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (outlining your motivation to work for KFBG) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.