Sustainable Living Programme Coordinator (Food Hub Project)
Sustainable Living Department
The Sustainable Living Programme of Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden exists to facilitate community transition to low carbon living in order to harmony our relationship with the environment. Our Eat Well initiatives at KFBG and KFBG Green Hub strive to promote food literacy and inspire positive changes. We will extend our service to the Food Hub, a restaurant at Kadoorie Centre in Shek Kong, in this summer. We are looking for an educator who share, and are willing to join us to further the mission.
The job holder will build an network of educators to design and implement a range of food education programmes for organized groups of students and general public at the Food Hub. He/She reports to the Head of Sustainable Living.
- Be responsible for the development, management and implementation of creative food education programmes and food events at KFBG Food Hub to cultivate community resilience for sustainable living.
- Design and facilitate train the trainer and internship programmes at the Food Hub and KFBG Green Hub to promote sustainable living.
- Develop partnership and network to engage educators to catalyze collaboration and action-research for sustainable living.
- Working closely with the team of chefs and as a member of Sustainable Living team to widen the horizon to promote sustainable living.
- Perform occasional night duty and essential to serve duty on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC.
- Have a deep appreciation of sustainable living and integrated approach to sustainability. Appreciation of differing worldviews and the ability to communicate with and learn from a wide variety of people.
- At least 3 years of project management experience in food education, community development and project management in Hong Kong. Candidate with richer, relevant experience will be considered for senior officer position.
- Good networks in school and community development sectors in Hong Kong.
- Commitment, creative problem-solving skills and experience in community development, networking, facilitating workgroups, and budget management.
- Mature, initiative-taking and dynamic. Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Computer literacy is essential. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop will be an advantage.
- Physically fit for outdoor activities
- Open minded and recognize the validity of all spiritual paths.
- 5-day work per week. Working on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays is essential. Required to work residentially occasionally.
- Valid Type I or II driving license is an advantage.
Interested parties, please send your detailed C.V., with expected salary, and a short essay on 'How can we connect community actions and expand the network for sustainable living?' to the People & Culture Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to email@example.com