Technical Officer (Building Services)
The position reports directly to the Head of Facilities Department or Project Manager as assigned.
The Technical Officer (Building Services) will assist the Project Manager and the Consultant Team in the project management and supervision of the building services installation in new building works projects with technical advisory support. Major duties are:
- Assist in managing and tackling all day-to-day building services installation related matters.
- Provide technical assistance on management of building services installation in new building works projects.
- Assist in monitoring progress of site works and controlling of works materials and workmanships to ensure the installation are in statutory compliance.
- Provide technical support to project works in relation to all building services works.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of contractors and other parties.
- Coordinate with Safety Officers of contractors, Safety Auditor of consultants and other parties for monitoring site safety.
- Maintain a site record of the daily activities on site and submit monthly returns to relevant parties.
- Assist in preparing and submitting inspection and progress reports and monthly summary.
- Carry out routine inspections of the building service works and check for conformity with the drawings, specifications and contract requirements, and report all unsatisfactory works.
- Assist in administering and follow up defects and outstanding works.
- Track the site progress and initiate early warning to the project team for any delay of the site progress
- Monitor all environmental, health and safety aspects of the contractors works. Report all non-compliance of safety procedures immediately to the contractor representative and the project team, and record this in the site records.
- Work according to duty roster, attend emergency call.
- Perform any other duties as required to facilitate implementation of the works projects of the department including site supervision of construction works.
- Other duties as directed by his supervisor.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC
- Degree or holders of Higher Diploma in building services engineering
- Five years working experience in building services engineering field, preferable in new building project
- Good knowledge in using AutoCAD, BIM and MS Office software
- Experience in coordination between inhouse departments, consultants, and contractors
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time-management
- In-depth knowledge in construction procedures, details, materials and project management
- Familiarity with quality, environmental, health and safety standards
- Good communicate in English and Cantonese
- Holder of driving license class 1 & 2 preferred
- Willing and fit for outdoor duties
Interested parties should send a CV, expected salary, and a cover letter (outlining your motivation to work for KFBG) to the HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong, or email to email@example.com.