Tree Climber Trainee (Tree Team 2)
Flora Conservation Department
- Carry out various arboricultural works including but not limited to tree removal, pruning, cabling, planting etc.;
- Operate machineries such as chainsaw, grass cutting machine, woodchippers, wood log splitter, etc.;
- Carry out works in line with up-to-date technical and safety standards, and use tools according to manufacturers’ guidelines and other relevant international standards;
- Maintain and repair equipment and machineries of the tree team;
- Operate wood log splitter and woodchipper to recycle wood debris in KFBG;
- Work in KFBG, occasionally in other forests of Hong Kong.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- With 1 year hands-on experience in tree work and chainsaw operation;
- Completion of training in chainsaw operation in an authorized organization;
- Familiar with international tree work safety standards;
- Able to cope with regular physically demanding tasks, such as climbing and felling trees several times per week, working on slopes and enjoy working outside throughout the year;
- Possession of a valid light vehicle driving license is an advantage;
- Fluent in spoken Cantonese and written Chinese;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Please send C.V. (with interested position and expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.