Tree Climber Trainee (Arboricultural Tree Team)
Flora Conservation Department
Tree Climber Trainee is a junior staff of the Arboricultural Tree Team, learning from the Tree Team Leader and assisting the team to undertake basic tree works and plant care duties in both botanic gardens and nature reserves of KFBG.
The post holder should be a good team player, who is physically fit to work in hot and humid environment for long period of time every day.
- Conduct plant care and tree related works:
- Conduct works including weeding, tree planting, pruning, climbing, felling, and so on;
- Undertake tree inspections and assessments, as per requests; and
- Input and update data for tree inspections.
- Ensure all the works in line with up-to-date technical and safety standards:
- Source suitable gears for tree team;
- Maintain and repair tree team’s gears; and
- Check the condition of tree team’s equipment and tools regularly and update gear inventory.
- Facilitate FLO’s wood recycling programme:
- Collect and transport all wood debris produced from tree work; and
- Operate woodchippers and wood log splitter to recycle all wood debris as necessary.
- Other Duties
- Participate in activities arranged by KFBG with the intention of developing the organisational culture;
- Tidy up the venue, especially the trees, after typhoon and heavy rainfall;
- Stand-by as a driver of FLO.
- Possess recognised certificates in tree climbing and use of chainsaw;
- 1-year working experience in tree work and chainsaw operation;
- Require to be familiar with up-to-date safety standards in tree work;
- Basic knowledge in the use of MS office (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Good knowledge of native trees of Hong Kong;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Possess a valid driving licence (class 2); and
- Physically fit for regular physically demanding task.
Interested parties, please send your CV with current / last salary, expected salary and availability , together with a short essay of what motivate you to apply for this position to the People & Culture Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org