Tree Climber (Tree Team 1)
Flora Conservation Department
- Responsible for all kinds of tree management work, including tree removal, cabling, planting, etc.;
- Responsible for routine maintenance and safety check of tree management tools;
- Assist the certified arborists to conduct tree risk assessment and routine tree monitoring;
- Conduct structural pruning to encourage good structure development of trees;
- Assist tree team leader to supervise the tree operation team;
- Assist to identify the potential risk of the tasks prior to tree operation to ensure the safety of all tree team members.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- 3 years of hands-on experience in tree work;
- Possession of certifications for tree climbing, rigging and use of chainsaw in an authorised organization;
- Hands-on experience in applying tree work machineries, e.g. chainsaw, leave blower, etc.,
- Able to set up tree climbing system and rigging system for tree pruning/ felling;
- Fluent in spoken and written Cantonese; competence in English and Mandarin would be in advantage;
- Able to cope with regular physically demanding tasks, such as climbing and felling trees several days per week, working on slopes and enjoy working outdoor throughout the year;
- High awareness towards work safety;
- Possesses of a valid light vehicle driving license will be in advantage;
- Knowledge in tree risk assessment will be in advantage;
- Knowledge in using computer and MS office: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Open minded and recognizes the validity of all spiritual paths.
Please send C.V. (with interested position and expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.