- Follow instructions of Tree Team Leader to carry out various arboricultural works including but not limited to tree survey, hazardous tree identification, planting, pruning, cabling, climbing and tree felling. Other than arboriculture, the tree climber also needs to take part in forest rejuvenation projects such as wood recycling programme and work in forest from time to time;
- Conduct tree risk assessment;
- Conduct risk assessment prior to tree work. Monitor and maintain safe system of work and workplace to ensure the safety and health of all the tree team members;
- Assist Supervisor to manage, guide and train subordinates;
- Ensure that all the tree team members carry out the work in line with up to date technical and safety standards and use tools according to manufacturers’ guidelines;
- Maintain and repair equipment and tools of the tree team;
- Work in KFBG, occasionally in other forests of Hong Kong;
- Supervise and monitor the jobs of landscape and arboricultural contractors;
- Operate waste recycling machines such as woodchipper and wood log splitter according to instructions and user manuals.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Have sound knowledge and experience to work independently in arboriculture duties in safe manner;
- Fluent in spoken and written Cantonese; competence in English and Manadarin would be a distinct advantage;
- Able to cope with regular physically demanding tasks, such as climbing and felling trees several times per week, working on slopes and enjoy working outside throughout the year;
- Possession of certificates for tree climbing, use of chainsaw and tree works;
- Familiar with up-to-date technical and safety standards in tree works;
- 3 year post qualification experience in tree works;
- Possession of a valid light vehicle driving license;
- Open minded and recognizes the validity of all spiritual paths.
Please send C.V. (with interested position and expected salary) and a short essay (on relevant experience and reasons for interest in the post) to the Human Resources Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.