Visit and Explore
- Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) is a conservation and education centre. Please be environmentally conscious and help us preserve the harmony of nature for people and wildlife.
- Please be conscious of your own safety. Be careful around steep slopes, terraces and bridges and refrain from walking in streams and restricted areas.
- KFBG will not be responsible for any injury, or loss of or damage to visitors’ belongings at KFBG or arising from the use of tools, equipment and/or facility provided or owned by KFBG. Visitors should take reasonable care concerning his/her own safety and arrange for adequate insurance coverage if deemed necessary.
- Please take care of children when visiting KFBG. Except with the written permission of the Executive Director, persons under the age of 16 years are required to be accompanied by a person of at least 18 years of age who is responsible for the activities of the younger person.
- No hunting, trapping or removal or disturbance of plants and animals in the nature reserve.
- No feeding of any animal at KFBG, and no animal can be brought into KFBG.
- Smoking is only permitted at the designated Smokers’ Den.
- Please do not fly a kite, model aircraft, drone, balloon or other similar devices at KFBG.
- Please do not use obscene or foul language.
- Photography for commercial purposes is not permitted.
- Visitors must not operate or play, or make any sounds on, any musical or other instrument, including any sound device, loud hailer, gramophone or radio apparatus.
- Visitors must not advertise, deliver a public speech, lecture, prayer, scripture or sermon, or hold or take part in a public gathering, meeting or procession as defined in the Public Order Ordinance (Cap 245) without the written permission of the Executive Director.
- Visitors must not, except with the Executive Director's written permission, display any notice, sign, poster, banner, placard, bill or advertisement or any similar picture, wording or decoration to, or upon any part of any building, wall, post, seat or any other structure forming part of the Garden or to any tree or other natural feature.
- Only enter KFBG through the designated entrance at the Reception or Vehicle Entrance on Lam Kam Road, unless you have written permission from the Executive Director to do otherwise.
- Hikers coming off Tai Mo Shan are not permitted to cross the main boundary of KFBG. A path marked on any map does not mean it gives legal access to KFBG. Hikers descending Tai Mo Shan can reach Ng Tung Chai by turning right as signposted 100m south of the KFBG boundary.
- KFBG reserves the right to terminate any visit in circumstances where visitors fail to comply with these guidelines or the KFBG Bylaw.
There is no bottled water available at KFBG. However, we do have drinking water machines that can supply you with purified KFBG stream water. Please remember to bring your own refillable water bottle.
Updated: September 2023