Nature / Objectives
The Forest Immersion Walk is also known as Forest Therapy or Forest Bathing, it is a half-day walking journey that rebuilds your relationship with the forest. During this journey, you are invited to walk slowly, open your heart and immerse yourself, through different senses, into the living forest. Be relaxed and take in all that this magnificent forest has to offer. We introduced the forest bathing experience in 2018, to allow participants an opportunity to find a piece of tranquillity in nature.
Let our guides open the door for you and allow the forest to be the therapist to carry you, support you and heal you.
“Relaxed, fresh and get close to nature.”
“Come to find silence from city life and experience the music of nature.”
“The trip itself was a phenomenal and impressive experience. Overall, the trip has a great meditation effect by releasing us from our quick and hectic living pace. The whole experience should also be very beneficial to our students who are mostly pre-service teachers, giving them more inspiration on the integration of experiential/embodied learning with their own teaching.” Thomas - Project Team Member, The Education University of Hong Kong
The walk follows a series of invitations^. Invitations are not exercises to accomplish, but more like stages in the flow of an improvisational dance, with the forest as your partner.
- Pleasure of present: An invitation to open up your senses for the upcoming journey
- Forest invitations: Several invitations to immerse yourself into the forest
- Tea ceremony: Give gratitude to the forest
- Sharing: Throughout the journey there would be time for group sharing
Walk 1: 10 October 2023 (Tuesday);
Walk 2: 13 October 2023 (Friday)
09:30 - 13:00
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden
22 people per walk
Aged 18 years old or above
HKD 300 per person per walk
(Including admission fee, programme fee, and internal shuttle bus fee to upper area)
June Ngan (KFBG Education Officer, Certified Guide by Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Association)
Holly Ho (KFBG Assistant Education Officer, Certified Guide by Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Association)
Please submit an online application on or before 6 October. All applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Holly Ho, Education Department at 24837111 or email to email@example.com
(Office hours: Mon-Fri, 0900-1700)
Transformative Workshops: Open your heart, walk slowly in the forest; meditate through art; or rethink in a peaceful environment. In addition, KFBG invites local and overseas speakers every year, to engage in transformational workshops that are rich in potential life-changing experiences.
- Educational Resources: ‘Teaching Packs’ include nature scavenger hunt, animal game cards, and a series of nature invitations. ‘Infographics’ illustrate both commonly seen and protected species in KFBG. Other resources include teachers’ packs and CDs are available on request for free.
- Group Guided Tours: Led by trained environmental interpreters, the content includes experiential and hands-on activities. We encourage a passion for nature, conservation and ecology by nurturing an appreciation of the natural world.
- "Experience Peace in Nature" booklet: This booklet guides you to practice different mindfulness exercises in the beautiful natural environment of KFBG. Each practice is for us to refresh our connection with the peace in nature and experience this peace in our own hearts. Welcome to download.
About the Kadoorie Earth Programme
Kadoorie Earth Programme (KEP) is a new initiative that is being co-created by KFBG and its network of collaborators and volunteers. By integrating the various strands of KFBG’s nature conservation, sustainable living and holistic education programmes, it provides life-transforming learning experiences that reconnect people with themselves, each other and the rest of nature and enables them to cultivate resilience in the face of climate change, economic uncertainty and other related challenges.
Facilitated by leading educators, KEP guides participants to experience a paradigm shift, to let go of the same way of thinking that created the problems1 and open their hearts to new ways of knowing and acting. We invite you to be part of this unfolding initiative, to make a difference together in this world.
1 “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them.” Albert Einstein