Temporary Project Assistant
Fauna Conservation Department
Period: June-September 2022
The Fauna Conservation Department is looking for an assistant to join our Project Team during a busy period of the year (June to September). The temporary contract role provides a great opportunity to gain experience with animal care and conservation work and will include supporting the Project Team with the daily work-flow operations Daily duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Work from 8:30am to 5:00pm. Five-day work week;
- Weekend and public holiday attendance may be required;
- General captive care of turtles that are part of an ex-situ conservation project, including facility management and diet preparation;
- Assisting with the Wild Snake Rescue Project. Including assistance with the processing, data collection and re-release of wild stray snakes;
- Assisting with maintenance of the natural history specimen collection;
- Assisting with data entry.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of KFBGC;
- Previous related experience with animals, with hands-on experience in animal husbandry preferred;
- A qualification in biological science, animal husbandry or related subjects will be an advantage;
- Preferably bilingual in both written and spoken Cantonese and English, Mandarin will be an advantage;
- Physically fit to work in an outdoor environment and in adverse weather;
- Able to work independently and also work in a team;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Honest, responsible and friendly.
Interested parties, please send your C.V. and a cover letter indicating your experience and why you would like to help with the project work to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 2488-1002 (Please specify applying for Fauna Conservation Department – Temporary Project Assistant).
For any enquiries, please contact Ms Ho at 2483-7136.