About Membership Scheme
Membership Fee & Eligibility
1. How much is the Membership fee?
The annual Membership fee for an Individual Member is HK$200 and it is only open to adults aged 18 or above. The annual Membership fee for a Family is HK$750, for up to four members of the same immediate family, and may include up to two children under 18 years old.
2. I’m under 18 years old but would like to become a KFBG Member, what should I do?
Although you cannot join as an Individual Member, you can be a family member if your family apply for the Family Membership scheme. It only cost HK$750 for up to four family members.
Membership Effective Date
3. I would like to know when my Membership starts and when I will receive my Membership card.
Your Membership will be valid after the enrollment form and Membership fee are processed; it will expire in 12 months from date of processing. We will mail your Membership card by post and send your E-Membership card by email.
4. When will I receive a donation receipt?
For Members who have made an extra donation, we will mail your tax-deductible receipt within four weeks of receiving donation. To reduce administration cost, the tax-deductible receipt is only provided for donations of $100 or above, at the donor’s request by indication on donation form.
5. What privileges do KFBG Members enjoy?
As a Member, you can enjoy the following privileges:
- Free admission to KFBG site during validity of Membership
- Enroll in Members-only events
- Early notification on KFBG courses and activities
- 10% off discount on KFBG and Green Hub courses
- 10% off purchase discount in Farm Shop and Green Hub*
- 10% off consumption discount at the Eat Well Canteen at the Green Hub
- Receive KFBG news and activities information via e-mail
- Receive the KFBG Annual Report
* Agricultural products and sundry items include shuttle bus tickets and KFBG maps are NOT be eligible for discount.
6. I seldom visit KFBG, are there any Membership privileges I still can enjoy?
Even though you may not visit KFBG regularly, you can still enjoy discount on purchases and courses/activities at the Green Hub, receive E-newsletter and the Annual report from us, and attend Members’ exclusive events. You will also be supporting our nature conservation work and help make the Earth a better place.
7. As a Member, how can I enjoy the special discount when applying for KFBG or Green Hub courses and activities online?
Our system will verify your Membership number and your surname when you apply for KFBG courses and activities online. You can enjoy the Members’ special discount if the validation is successful. For Green hub courses and activities, Members will pay in full during registration, and be refunded by showing your Membership card/ E-Membership card during the activity.
8. Do I need to show my Membership card to enjoy Membership privileges?
Yes, you must show your Membership card/ E-Membership card to enjoy the privileges. The Membership card/ E-Membership card and the privileges are non-transferrable.
9. Why can I not get purchase discount on some products in the Farm Shop?
Membership discount is not applicable to organic products, such as vegetables, fruit and eggs, in the Farm Shop and Green Hub, as we wish to maintain fair trade practices with local farmers for agricultural products. Sundry items, including shuttle bus ticket and KFBG map are not applicable either.
10.Can I apply for Membership online?
Yes, you can become our Member by applying online. You may also apply through these ways:
- Visit KFBG or Green Hub and register as our Member with Membership Ambassadors’ help.
- Get Membership application form from our staff and mail us the completed form and photo(s).
*Please submit your personal information, recent full-face photograph(s) and Membership fee together with the application.
11.Will my personal data be treated confidentially?
According to the “Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance” which took effect on 1st April 2013, Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) is committed to treating all personal data as strictly confidential. Your personal information (including your name, telephone number, fax number, email and/or postal address, and organisation / company / school) may be used by KFBG and our appointed working partners for the purposes of organizational updates, surveys, newsletters, event / programme invitations and other communication via postal mail, telephone and electronic mail, etc. Please be advised that you may opt out of having your personal data being used for the above purposes, by KFBG, at any time and free of charge. In order to do so, you can:
- Call us: 2483 7279
- Email us: email@example.com
- Write to us: Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, N.T.
12. How can I change my mail address or personal information?
You can contact Sophia Sit at 2483 7279 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your Membership number, name and telephone number for this purpose.
13. I don’t live in HK, can I join as a Member?
We apologise that KFBG Membership is only open to Hong Kong residents at this time.