Effective 1 May 2023
Membership Fee and Eligibility
1. What are the conditions of applying for KFBG’s Individual Membership?
Applicants aged 18 or above can apply for KFBG’s Individual Membership, with an annual fee of HK$500.
2. What are the conditions of applying for KFBG’s Affiliate Membership?
Affiliate Membership can only be applied for if referred by a member who holds a valid Individual Membership. The annual fee is HK$200. Referrers are limited to members who have registered as Individual Members of KFBG from 1 May 2023. A maximum of four Affiliate Memberships can be referred by one Individual Member.
3. What are the conditions of applying for KFBG’s Student Membership?
Applicants must hold a valid student ID card to apply for Student Membership, and the annual fee is HK$200. A copy of a valid student ID card must also be submitted with the application for verification of identity. (Note: According to KFBG's visitor guidelines, persons under the age of 16 are required to be accompanied by adults for every entry.)
4. What are the conditions of applying for KFBG’s Elderly Membership?
Applicants aged 65 or above can apply for KFBG’s Elderly Membership, with an annual fee of HK$200.
Membership Effective Date
5. When does my membership start, and when will I receive my E-membership card?
Your membership will be valid within two to 14 working days after the enrolment form and membership fee are processed. We will send your E-membership card by email and mail your membership card by post.
6. When will I receive a donation receipt?
Members who have made an extra donation will receive their receipt by mail within four weeks of KFBG receiving the donation. To reduce administration costs and support environmental protection, a receipt is only provided for donations of HK$100 or above, at the donor’s request by indication on donation form.
7. What benefits do KFBG members enjoy?
From 1 May 2023, new members will enjoy the following benefits
- Unlimited FREE admission
- A HK$50 lunch voucher at Eat Well Café
- Two complimentary admission tickets
- A HK$50 seasonal agricultural produce coupon
- A complimentary annual guided tour
- Members only events*
- Priority notice of KFBG and Green Hub courses and events
- Our monthly newsletter “Connections”
*Activities such as special visits to our Wild Animal Rescue Centre, participating in the night ecological tour, orchid talks, children summer camp and more. Places are allocated on a first-come first-serve basis. Please see the monthly newsletter for updates.
8. Do I need to show my membership card to enjoy membership benefits?
Yes, you must show your membership card / E-membership card to enjoy the benefits. The membership card / E-membership card and the benefits are non-transferrable.
9. Can I apply for membership online?
You can click HERE to become a member of KFBG.
10. Is there any other way to apply for membership?
Obtain a Membership Application Form from our staff and mail the completed form and photo(s). Please submit your personal information, recent full-face photograph(s) and membership fee together with the application.
11. Will my personal data be treated confidentially?
According to the “Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance” which took effect on 1 April, 2013, KFBG is committed to treating all personal data as strictly confidential. Your personal information (including your name, telephone number, email and/or postal address, and organisation/company/school) may be used by KFBG and our appointed working partners for the purposes of organisational updates, surveys, newsletters, event/programme invitations and other communication via postal mail, telephone and electronic mail. Please be advised that you may opt out of having your personal data used for the above purposes by KFBG at any time and free of charge. In order to do so, you can email us: email@example.com or write to us: Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, N.T.
12. How can I change my mail address or personal information?
You can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. I don’t live in Hong Kong, can I join as a member?
We apologise that KFBG membership is only open to Hong Kong residents at this time.