1. Nature / Objectives
The Forest Immersion Walk is also known as Forest Therapy or Forest Bathing, it is a half-day walking journey that rebuilds your relationship with the forest. During this journey, you are invited to walk slowly, open your heart and immerse yourself, through different senses, into the living forest. Be relaxed and take in all that this magnificent forest has to offer. We introduced the forest bathing experience since 2018, to allow participants an opportunity to find a piece of tranquillity in nature.
Let our guides open the door for you and allow the forest to be the therapist to carry you, support you and heal you.
Feedback from Previous Participants
- “Relaxed, fresh and get close to nature.”
- “Come to find silence from city life and experience the music of nature.”
- Teacher's sharing
“The trip itself was a phenomenal and impressive experience. Overall, the trip has a great meditation effect by releasing us from our quick and hectic living pace. The whole experience should also be very beneficial to our students who are mostly pre-service teachers, giving them more inspirations on the integration of experiential/embodied learning with their own teaching.” Thomas - Project Team Member, The Education University of Hong Kong
2. Programme Contents
The walk follows a series of invitations^. Invitations are not exercises to accomplish, but more like stages in the flow of an improvisational dance, with the forest as your partner.
Pleasure of present: An invitation to open up your senses for the upcoming journey
- Forest invitations: Several invitations to immerse yourself into the forest
- Tea ceremony: Give gratitude to the forest
- Sharing: Throughout the journey there would be time for group sharing
We have prepared a series of Forest Invitations in the form of guided audio clips, click here to get a taste of it online.
^ The invitations will change depending on the nature of the group and the condition of weather.
Monday to Saturday (not available on public holidays)
09:30 – 13:00 / 13:30- 17:00
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po
Cantonese / English
Min. 12 - Max 30 people
Aged 18 years old or above
HKD 300 per person / HKD 240 per person for registered schools & charity organizations
(Including admission fee, programme fee and internal shuttle bus fee to upper area)
Note: Refund is not available once the application is confirmed, except for when the event is cancelled due to bad weather.
Natalie Leung (KFBG Senior Education Officer, Certified Guide by Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Association)
Suki Choy (KFBG Assistant Education Officer, Certified Guide by Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Association)
Eliz Leung (Certified Guide by Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Association)
Holly Ho, Education Department at 24837111 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transformative Workshops: Open your heart, walk slowly in the forest; meditate through art; or rethink in a peaceful environment. In addition, KFBG invites local and overseas speakers every year, to engage in transformative workshops that are rich in potential life-changing experiences.
- Educational Resources: ‘Teaching Packs’ include nature scavenger hunt, animal game cards, and a series of nature invitations. ‘Infographics’ illustrate both commonly seen and protected species in KFBG. Other resources include teachers’ packs and CDs are available on request for free.
- Group Guided Tours: Led by trained environmental interpreters, the content includes experiential and hands-on activities. We encourage a passion for nature, conservation and ecology by nurturing an appreciation of the natural world.
- "Experience Peace in Nature" booklet: This booklet guides you to practice different mindfulness exercises in the beautiful natural environment of KFBG. Each practice is for us to refresh our connection with the peace in nature and experience this peace in our own hearts. Welcome to download.