Senior Animal Keeper- Wildlife Rescue, Veterinary, Rehabilitation Section
Fauna Conservation Department
This is an individual contributor role. The incumbent will report to Animal supervisor.
1. To provide good care to animals.
- Maintain a good standard of husbandry
- Diet preparation
- Perform cleaning of animal facilities and surrounding areas
2. To assist and support supervisor in maintaining the daily operation of the wild animal rescue center.
- To complete daily supportive task: cleaning station, laundry
- To regularly fill one of the daily work positions
- To cover allocated AS and SAS responsibilities when supervisors are absent.
3. To report problems/ issues to the relevant sections.
- maintenance repairs
- General purchase
4. To assist with the training of new staff and volunteers.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of KFBG
- At least 1-years relevant working experience, with hands-on experience in animal husbandry and staff supervision
- Diploma in biological sciences or equivalent are advantaged.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm regarding conservation and animal care issues.
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English.
- Physically fit to work in an outdoor environment and in adverse weather.
- Willing to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Able to work independently and work in a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Honest, responsible, and friendly.
Interested parties, please send your CV with current / last salary, expected salary and availability , together with a short essay of what motivate you to apply for this position to the People & Culture Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or via email at email@example.com