Tree Climber (Silvicultural Tree Team)
Flora Conservation Department
Tree Climber is one of the main supervisory staff of the Silvicultural Tree Team to assist the Tree Team Leader to undertake all kinds of tree works and plant care duties with subordinates in both botanic gardens and nature reserves of KFBG.
The post holder should be familiar with all safety standards in relation to tree works, especially use of chainsaw, tree climbing, rigging, pruning and felling, so that s/he can coach subordinates and safeguard tree work safety.
Coach and supervise subordinates to conduct plant care and tree related works:
- Conduct works including weeding, tree planting, pruning, climbing, felling, and so on; and
- Undertake tree inspections and assessments, as per requests.
Ensure all the works in line with up-to-date technical and safety standards:
- Source suitable gears for tree team;
- Maintain and repair tree team’s gears;
- Check the condition of tree team’s equipment and tools regularly and update gear inventory; and
- Train up subordinates and oversee tree team’s works.
Facilitate FLO’s wood recycling programme:
- Collect and transport all wood debris produced from tree work; and
- Operate woodchippers and wood log splitter to recycle all wood debris as necessary.
- Possess certificates and/or qualifications in tree climbing, tree work, rigging and use of chainsaw;
- 3-year post qualification experience in tree work;
- Must have knowledge and experience to work independently in surveying and identifying hazardous trees, as well as in planting, pruning, cabling, climbing and felling trees;
- Require to be familiar with up-to-date technical, practical and safety standards in tree work;
- Good team player with good planning and leadership;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Physically fit for regular physically demanding task.
Interested parties, please send your CV stating current/last salary, expected salary and availability, as well as a short essay or cover letter detailing your reasons for applying for this post, to the People & Culture Department, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org