Nature / objectives
Forest Immersion Walk is also known as Forest Therapy or Forest Bathing. In this journey, you will spend quiet time soaking in the beauty of the dusky. It is time to reconnect with yourself and Mother Nature under the light of the setting sun. With a series of Forest Invitations, you will awaken your senses, walk mindfully through the forest and move deeper into the state of presence and connection to nature.
We invite you to join this unique 3.5 hours journey to be with us and nature, allow your mind, heart, and body to relax and just be. Let our guides open the door for you and invite the forest to be the therapist who supports and heals you; embrace the company and heartfelt sharing from one and other, enjoy organic snacks together in the tranquil natural surroundings.
The walk follows a series of invitations. Invitations are not exercises to accomplish, but more like stages in the flow of an improvisational dance, with the forest as your partner.
- Pleasure of present: An invitation to open up your senses for the upcoming journey
- Forest invitations: Several invitations to immerse yourself into the forest
- Tea ceremony: Give gratitude to the forest
- Sharing: Throughout the journey there would be time for group sharing
Walk 1: 1 Oct 2022 (Saturday);
Walk 2: 21 Oct 2022 (Friday)
4:30 - 8:00pm
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden
22 people per walk
Aged 18 years old or above
HKD 450 per person per walk
(Including admission fee, programme fee, organic snacks, internal shuttle bus fee to upper area and one way return shuttle bus service from KFBG to Tai Po Market/ Kowloon Tong MTR Station)
Natalie Leung (KFBG Senior Education Officer, Certified Guide by Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Association)
Eliz Leung (Certified Guide by Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Association)
Holly Ho, Education Department at 2483 7111 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transformative Workshops: Open your heart, walk slowly in the forest; meditate through art; or rethink in a peaceful environment. In addition, KFBG invites local and overseas speakers every year, to engage in transformational workshops that are rich in potential life-changing experiences.
- Educational Resources: ‘Teaching Packs’ include nature scavenger hunt, animal game cards, and a series of nature invitations. ‘Infographics’ illustrate both commonly seen and protected species in KFBG. Other resources include teachers’ packs and CDs are available on request for free.
- Group Guided Tours: Led by trained environmental interpreters, the content includes experiential and hands-on activities. We encourage a passion for nature, conservation and ecology by nurturing an appreciation of the natural world.
"Experience Peace in Nature" booklet: This booklet guides you to practice different mindfulness exercises in the beautiful natural environment of KFBG. Each practice is for us to refresh our connection with the peace in nature and experience this peace in our own hearts. Welcome to download.